“The essays can be the most important components of your application.”
—Johns Hopkins University Admissions
In a highly competitive field, Success Story offers coaching and a personalized writing workshop to help students
- Write outstanding essays sharing their authentic self
- Share best qualities that match what schools want
- Find the right stories to tell
- Structure their time to finish essays
- Master techniques for future college writing
Here’s what students accomplish with Success Story
- Work on a weekly schedule with tasks tailored to students’ writing needs. I set students up on an efficient schedule with individualized exercises and tasks, designed to help a student generate ideas, work quickly, and draft with purpose and audience in mind. Deadlines are the same times, twice a week ,so work doesn’t haunt them daily and parents know when to check. The once-weekly coaching sessions teach writing strategies and help students do revisions.
- Pick unique incidents that colleges want to know. I help students select stories that best represent them, showcase skill sets that set them apart, and share future plans. We discuss accomplishments and qualities that match the school profile while also showing the multifaceted interests and experiences of each student.
- Write compelling, convincing essays. I help students create a narrative arc and/or montage of stories that engage a reader. We find striking details that resonate with readers. I ask questions that help a student explain to schools why these details matter. During our conversations, students discover the themes and values that direct their lives and find ways to name them. We discuss how to make a reader forget they’re reading–and then make it happen.
- Implement meaningful feedback. My detailed line edits address everything: evidence, claims, storytelling strategies, grammar and mechanics. We revise, a lot! I help students wherever they are take their writing to the next level.
Learn more about Services