Every September, Success Story offers scholarships to qualified students who are rising seniors applying to college. Each scholarship is for any service package desired by the student, up to 4 weeks.
BIPOC and first-generation North Carolina students with financial need are given priority in the application process.
Qualified students include those who are
- highly motivated and persistent;
- have time to devote each week (5-7 hours) to the Success Story schedule;
- and have one adult in their circle at a school, community organization, or religious institution who is willing to serve as a reference regarding their persistence.
The application period opens September 1.
To apply, students should request more information using the Contact form found here.
Students who are contacted by Success Story to apply will be invited to write a brief series of paragraphs sharing the following:
- a brief example or story of persistence and self-motivation;
- a list of preferred schools;
- a brief example of a passion, hobby, or interest;
- and email and phone contact information for the student, parent or guardian, and for one adult reference.
Students will receive an email about their status in the process.